Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Some Christmas Firsts

This year Zach and I tried to keep things simple for Christmas.  We decided to do homemade gifts for each other.  Zach came up with this:

Isn't it amazing?  He painted/silkscreened this on a large canvas.  To finish it in time after finals, he sent me out of the apartment to go shopping in Georgetown.  I love it. One of my students said they think Zach looks like Zoolander.  Is his look blue steel or magnum?

I made a book for Zach about our first year together.  Not the most original personalized gift, but it was fun picking out pictures from our many travels that year.


This was the first year we bought a Christmas tree.  Because we're always in Utah each Christmas and we leave so early in December, we usually "spruce" up the place with a garland on the window sill.  With limited space in the apartment, we found a little tabletop tree and were amazed at how happy it made us to look at it each night. 

No comments: