Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New York! New York!

Lucky for me my friends planned a girls trip while I could still fly pregnant. Our friend CK is getting married soon so we wanted to have one last hoorah before she ties the knot. It was well worth every penny. There's something really great about traveling with friends you know this well. You can completely be yourself, and not worry about being pressured into anything. We never ran out of anything to talk about. It was fabulous. I just wish the trip lasted a little longer, and we all lived a little closer. Zach was a good sport watching Henry by himself while I was gone. CK & Carl were super sports lugging enough air mattresses and bedding to their newly purchased condo for us to sleep on.

One of the highlights for me was walking along the Highline. Loved it.
ps- No one should be forced to stand next to ladies this thin while pregnant.
I wasn't sure I wanted to see a show, but Mary Poppins was amazing. Good thing Beans got us there. We left Times Square less than an hour before the whole car bomb scare.

Cupcakes at Magnolia's. Definitely not as good as I remembered them, but it was a great place to visit, visit, and visit.

Yummy- the Shake Shack. It was packed so we ate on the steps of the Natural History Musuem.

I went on this trip with no expectations, so I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of things I'd never seen before. Like the bull by Wall Street.

Fabulous brunch. I'm in love with the lemon ricotta pancakes

3 comments:

Christine said...

great trip leash!

The Watkins said...

That looks like so much fun. So happy for CK.

Alexis Poelman said...

How fun! Gotta have girl trips.