Wednesday, July 7, 2010

when you can't go into labor...eat!

Today's the due date, and I'm still just hanging out. My energy levels are all over the charts- I go from nesting maniac to a slug on the couch. Zach and I thought we'd get in one more date before the big day. We enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Benihana last night. I went into labor with Henry after eating way too much veggie tempura, so I was hoping Japanese food would do the trick again. No luck.

I was just thinking back on the past 40 weeks, and how this pregnancy was different the second time around. Here are a few of my weird cravings this time:

First Trimester: jalapenos & pepper jack cheese
(I couldn't get enough of this spaghetti squash with jalapeno cream)


Second Trimester: Tillamook Ice Cream

Still my favorite flavor to date is their Mudslide



Third Trimester: Marshmellow Matey's
I'd eat it when I'd get hungry in the middle of the night, and then for breakfast in the morning too! Zach couldn't believe how fast we got through the really BIG bag

5 comments:

Andrea J said...

Hang in there, I walked and walked the hills by our house - I think it helped. That squash dish sounds great.

KellySummer said...

i'm going to make the squash dish too! and good luck, I hope she comes soon! I was just going to text you guys and ask if she had come yet...oh, and i am getting mudslide on my next trip to winco. so far Grandma's Cake Batter is my fav...yum yum yum!!

Lauren said...

I LOVE this post - good luck!

Kelly said...

This makes me laugh. Can't wait to click and see her pictures soon. Until then, more marshmallow maties!!!

Nick Scott Family said...

We can't wait to see pictures ... let us know when! Good luck Alicia!