Saturday, August 1, 2009

Nauvoo

Driving across the country never felt so long. Henry was a really good sport in the back seat. He slept a lot of the time.

We stopped in Nauvoo for a day and a half, and we loved it. The weather was beautiful. I think Zach loved the ox wagon ride even more than Hen.
Carthage Jail

No matter how many times I've been to this temple, I am still in awe with each visit. I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the sacrifices my ancestors made for their beliefs.

Joseph and Hyrum Smith's Gravesite. We were there on the anniversary of their deaths.

If you'd like to learn more about Nauvoo, IL, click here.

2 comments:

The Watkins said...

So glad you've moved back west.

Kat said...

Hey!! I heard you're back--I just had to say hi and welcome home! I'm sure it's hard to leave DC but good to be around family again. Your little boy is so cute!!! And you seriously crack me up, by the way. I was catching up on all your latest posts, and you make me laugh. Tell your hubby congrats on the Law degree!!!