Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I come from a family that loves to celebrate holidays in creative and festive ways. Now that I have my own family, it's a lot to live up to actually. Since I'm the least creative child from my family, I was very proud of myself for actually doing something special this St. Patrick's Day. It's one of my favorite holidays, and I'm happy to report I do have Irish blood.

Green banana and pecan pancakes. No- not green bananas as Zach thought, the bananas were very ripe, but the pancakes mysteriously turned green.

Green lunch: guacamole chips, ants on a log, green apples, and green toast shaped like a shamrock. Hat: courtesy of the leprechaun.

That sneaky leprechaun! He got away before we could catch him, but he set up an exciting treasure hunt for us ending with a pot of chocolate gold. Our friends Max & Tess joined us for the treasure hunt and lunch. Max was especially good at finding all the clues for us while Henry wandered off to the neighbors house.



Henry couldn't resist eating the chocolate with the gold wrapper still on.


No comments: