Saturday, September 20, 2008
Henry's Blessing
Even though Henry was blessed 2 months ago, I wanted to post some pictures. It was a beautiful event. We gathered with our families at Zach's parents' home on a gorgeous summer evening. As uncles, grandpas, and friends gathered around Henry, Zach said such an amazing and unforgettable blessing. We named Henry after his great great great grandfather, William Henry Derr. Zach talked about Henry following the example his ancestor set through his courageous actions as a pioneer, a builder, a soldier, a leader and a musician. Then we dined on BBQ pork sandwiches, delicious salads, cookies and homemade ice cream. Brooke (Zach's dad) let all the cousins ride his horse, Chocolate. I loved seeing Henry with all his extended family around him, especially his great-grandma Kaelin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
What a small world!! Google Reader has your blog on my "recommended" list! I thought - that sure looks like Spencer's friend Zach. What a beautiful family you have. Have a great day! Marcie (Spencer's sister-in-law).
Alicia,
So fun to find your blog. Henry is adorable (one of our favorite names). I hope you're doing well.
Emily
www.ikeandem.blogspot.com
Post a Comment