Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This was our first Thanksgiving as a married couple with my family. Zach was a little worried about 30 people eating all at once in a very small space, but it ended up being very delightful (but maybe you should ask Zach what he thinks). I must say that I LOVED only having one food assignment along with a pie. Thanksgiving wouldn't be Thanksgiving without Grandma's Emerald Salad. That's what I was assigned. If you don't know what that is, look in a 50 year old cookbook. It's green jello with a lot of other stuff mixed in. It's better if you don't know what's in it. We also made a pumpkin pie (make your pumpkin puree out of butternut squash- it's amazing) and a chocolate pecan pie. I must say that Tricia's homemade stuffing was my favorite this year. While I don't have any pictures of the feast, we gathered for a family picture after. We're in the back of my parents almost finished new home. I can't wait until they move in!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow!!! You sure can tell which are your siblings!!! I am glad you had a great Christmas and love the pictures of Henry in the laundry basket and kitchen drawers. Very cute! Hope you are well.