One of the things I admire most about Zach is that when he decides to do something, he does it. One of his New Year resolutions was to do a triathlon. After months of swimming at the GW gym, riding his bike to school and work, and jogging around DC, Zach finished his first triathlon this past Saturday. We were so glad the Ghazimoradis drove down from Columbus so that Reza could do it with Zach. Zach took his last final Friday morning, while I taught four students. It was a little stressful trying to get everything together, especially since Henry wasn't feeling well and he made sure we all knew it. We arrived in Indiana, Pennsylvania late Friday night (late nights to us now are after 10 PM) after a very long drive on crowded highways under construction and major thunderstorms. Henry was not a happy camper most the drive there, especially after he finished drinking all the milk in his bottle. But the next morning was the perfect temperature, and Yellow Creek State Park was absolutely beautiful. Here are some pics of the big event:

After seeing some of the bodies of other participants, I feel like I have no excuse for not trying to do a triathlon.




5 comments:
Where's the speedo?
I love the picture of Henry cheering and frowning for his Dad. Way to go, Zach. I'm so impressed that you finished a triathlon!!!!
Wow, I am so impressed on so many levels! What an accomplishment for Zach, and what a big trip to take with the little one. I feel so lazy!
I loved your Pittsburg trip post. Brigham has been telling me that I would love that city, and I have been telling him that we need to move somewhere we can afford. :)
Way to go!!! You've inspired me to take up the sport again! I do believe triathlons are the most fun you can have in a competition. It's the sport for those with short attention spans, or perhaps those who like to multitask... Great job on finishing your first Zac!! I think that same middle aged lady passed me on my first race, she's everywhere...
Wow!! So many great posts to catch up on. Fun pictures, and really fun things you have done.
Congratulations Zach on your triathlon. I am doing the Iron Girl this August and getting excited. So true about all body types being able to do this. I sit on my bike and old geezers pass me all the time. Pretty humbling. Brian however reminds me that I am pretty dam slow. He is nice enough to wait for me in some of the ones we have done.
And yah - where's the speedo Zach?
Post a Comment